In 2017, I became the first Black research and exhibitions coordinator at Artexte library and exhibition centre in Montreal. Following a student led research project in 2015, I co-curated an exhibition for the first time and have been keen to push my curatorial practice since. Below are some of the projects I have worked on.
- “Blackity”, Artexte, Montreal, forthcoming.
- “In[contournables]”, Artexte, Montreal, 11 Septembre – October 12, 2019.
- “Speculations”, Artexte, Montreal, 1 May – July 19, 2019.
- “Memory, consciousness, imagination: art and politics”, Symposium international d’art contemporain de Baie-Saint-Paul, Baie-Saint-Paul, July 27 – August 26, 2018.
- Collaborative exhibition, “While No One Was Looking”, Art History & Communication Studies Post Graduate Students’ Society, McGill University, MainLine Theatre, Montreal, April 2017.
- Collaborative exhibition, “La diversité dans la diversité”, Artothèque, Diversité artistique Montréal and Ethnocultureal Art Histories Research Group (EAHR), September 2015.
- Research residency final exhibition, “[Dis]Identifications: Challenging Dominant Narratives of Black People in Canada”, Artexte, April 2015